I didn't take pictures, but our lunch today with the kids visiting was mostly from things from our garden. It sure was good!
We had purple hull peas; turnip greens (from the freezer from garden earlier); sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, and yellow squash with ranch dip (didn't grow the dip); cornbread (not from the garden); and watermelon for dessert. Oh, I also cooked some yellow squash in the oven with cornmeal on it. I put one of my homegrown Jalapeno peppers in my plate of peas.
God sure grows good veggies!!
2 days ago
3 comments:
Yummmmm, I love a garden dinner, they're the best!
I pickled okra today.
YUMMY - I love me some purple hull peas with okra, fried cornbread. Good eating!!!
This sounds soooo good! You made me laugh out loud (didn't grow the dip). You're such a good cook and homemaker and mom.
Post a Comment