Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ready for a VACATION!

We've not had any vacation this year so far and I'm ready.

This is the last week of summer school and fall school starts on Aug 25. That means there is exactly 11 days between my last day of summer class and the first day of fall class. By the way, one of my instructors for the fall classes emailed our first assignment due when we arrive on day 1 yesterday.

SO....Hubby and I are planning a long weekend get-a-way for this upcoming weekend. We are going to Amarillo Texas to see the outdoor musical "Texas." We'll check out a few other area attractions and then visit some relatives in the west Texas area before coming home on Sunday or Monday.

Hoping to get some good pictures while I'm gone.

Anyone know of a "must-see" in the Amarillo area?

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Where ever you go, what ever you do, have fun!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I'll be waiting for your fabulous pictures. It's great to see places without having to leave to get there lol.
Blessings,
Kim

Sally said...

Oh, I'm happy for you!! Have a great time, and be safe. Will look forward to your return. :)

Kathy C. said...

Oh Texas, I miss Texas, I love Texas, LOL. :) Have fun on your trip, can't wait to see pics. :)

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Donna said...

Have a great time! We'll want to see pictures when you get back, LOL!

Unknown said...

Have a great tri. Can't wait to see some photos!

Joni said...

You are going to have a wonderful time...looks like there will be a bunch of us waiting for pictures!

:)

Sybil said...

Have a wonderful time. We never get time away either, even date nights are rare so a trip away would be heaven!

Annie said...

Thankyou for your visit to my ABC Wednesday post and my photos of the letter D..it was fun, glad you enjoyed them..have a nice vacation!

Annie

Sandi McBride said...

Hope your vacation is wonderful and the show is fantastic...you deserve a break today as the old line goes!
Sandi

Jeanne said...

Glad you and your husband will get a weekend away before the fall school year starts. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time just being away together.

The Hallman Tribe said...

Hope you have a FAB-U-LESS vacation! I can't wait to check out your photos when you return! ENJOY!