Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful for E's

I've made my way to the letter E for my Thankful Thursday Alphabet post.

So.......

I'm thankful for ELECTRICITY. Oh how glad I am to have all my modern conveniences that use electricity. What would I do without my computer!!!

I'm thankful for EARS and EYES that I can see and hear. God, you are so good.

I'm thankful for EARNINGS! In today's economy, I'm grateful that I have a job and can earn the money needed to provide food, clothing, roof, medical care, etc, etc, etc.

I'm thankful for ENCOURAGEMENT! I am surrounded by lots of great people who encourage me regularly. My husband is a great encourager; so is my boss and co-workers, and then I have all of my wonderful blogging friends. God says in His word that we should encourage one another. So thanks to all of my many encouragers!!

I'm thankful for ELECTIONS. I know everyone is sick and tired of all of the political junk and mud slinging. I am too!!! BUT I'm still thankful for a free country that gets a vote. We may not all get our way and we may not all agree, but it is a wonderful freedom to be living in a country that lets each citizen vote their opinion.

And finally, I'm most thankful for ETERNAL LIFE. Jesus says that He came that we might have eternal life. John 3:16 puts it like this, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him, might have everlasting life." I believe and am eternally grateful for Jesus' sacrifice on the cross on my behalf. I hope that you, my friend, believe in Jesus Christ as the savior too.

Here's wishing everyone a happy and thankful Thursday.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Wonderful, wonderful E's, each and every one!

Kathy C. said...

What a great post! Lot's of perfect "E's" to be thankful for. :)
Blessings!

Patti said...

Those are wonderful E's to be thankful for. I had to laugh about the electricity. I used to think that I wanted to live in the pioneer times. It was a simple time. Not easy, but simple. You know, not all the distractions we have nowadays. But, let me tell you, would I miss the electricity. When we go camping, we usually are at places without electric hookups, and I find out then just how dependent I am upon that wonderful thing called electricity. I don't think I could live without it...even if it meant living in the pioneer times.

Blessings,
Patti

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Yep,I am with you on the "e's",
Hey have you popped by A tale of magical memories she is runnuing a Thanksgiving giveaway with a play it forward gift...
Lots to be thankful and greatful for

Sandi McBride said...

I'm glad for all my E's too...really, what would we do and where would we be without our Electricity? Good list...
Sandi

Annie said...

Hi Karen..thanks for stopping by my skywatch post..I enjoyed putting up my photos of the sun halo!

Good to check in here and catch up with everything...haven't been around as often as I would like. Thinking of you

Annie

Sally said...

Eternal Life - Amen. Keeps me going. God bless you sweet girl. ((HUGS))