Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy 49th Birthday to me!

Friday was my 49th birthday. My son, Stephen, brought me these beautiful flowers soon after I arrived at work.




My co-worker, Karen made my birthday dessert. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?!!!! I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures before it was cut and devoured. It was absolutely delicious.


Here's the collection of cards I received.

Another friend gave me these nice treasures.

My hubby bought me a beautiful bracelet and necklace. I took pictures, but they turned out blurry and I need to get to bed so I didn't re-photo.

Then Saturday, I took the day off work and enjoyed a day of having the house to myself. I cleaned and worked on school, but it was soooooo nice to be able to get some things done that needed doing. AND I loved the opportunity to be alone. My personality type needs alone time and I have very little of that. So it was the very best present of all, to have a day at home with no one else at home. Of course Sam and the kitties were there.

Well, I finally got the chance to post about my birthday. It was a good day. I also received numerous happy birthday greetings via email and phone calls from my sons. One of them wrote me a poem.

14 comments:

Joni said...

Very sweet! Happy birthday to you!!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Happy birthday to you!
Wow ! What a cake!!! So fancy looking and delicious to I bet!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you....

Anonymous said...

And my mom's birthday was on thursday.

Praise God for another year to live and to love.

Cake looks so sweet and yummy.

Letters are priceless.

What a wonderful day to celebrate!

God bless you and many more candles to blow.

I love you with the love of the Lord!

Anonymous said...

And i have a new blog for the photo contest...yipppeee...because you and karen inspired me a lot.

I already have a camera for the contest and i am excited to join again and have fun.

This is really something that i love and i got the chance to do it and pursue it. Thanks be to God.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow! That does sound like a very Happy Birthday. That dessert looks absolutely scrumpcious!!!! OH and please accept my belated Happy Birthday wish!!
Hugs!

Sally said...

Awwwww, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful BIRTHDAY~~Happy Belated!! You and Hunter share the same b/d!

49! Girl, I remember those days! hahahaha A great time in life!!

((((HUGS)))

Donna said...

Happy birthday, kiddo! *Mwah* - blowing a kiss your way!

Brenda said...

Happy belated Birthday toooooooooooooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!! I love all the lovely presents and a poem, who can beat that? Delightful!

Donna said...

Happy Birthday!!! You're still a Teenager!!! Hope you enjoyed your day!!!hughugs

Janice said...

Happy Birthday to you! Glad you had a great day and had a day to yourself to enjoy it how you pleased.

Sally said...

Just checkin'~hope you have a nice weekend! :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! Your birthday is the day after mine. LOL It looks like you had a great one!

Sally said...

I'm glad you're okay future MOMMER~~~hahahaha, I love it!!

Take care, stay well,and we'll be glad when you're back with us~((HUGS))