4 days ago
Friday, May 1, 2009
Trip Planning
I have an upcoming business trip to visit a client in Seattle, WA. I'll be with the client for about 3 days and they will be showing me around that area a bit in between our business meetings. BUT I have decided to add a day of personal travel to that area ahead of time. I have NEVER been to that area of the country so I need some suggestions of what to do with my 24 hours of ALONE time in the Oregon/Wa area. One thought has been to fly into an Oregon airport, rent a car and drive the coast line into Wa and then go over to Seattle. I would expect to have from a Wed afternoon to a Thursday afternoon on my own. All of you know my love of taking scenery and flower pictures. So what should I do with my 24 hours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
YOU JUST HAVE to go visit the Space Needle!!!
Sandi
Oh my goodness, Karen, I haven't been there since I was FIVE years old!!! But, I'm so envious!! I've always wanted to go back. We lived on Whidbey Island on the Naval Air Station, and I have such fond memories of apple orchards, going to Seattle for turkey and dressing sandwiches.
I sure wish I could tell you what or where to go. Hopefully someone will. And, I'll be wishing you well for a wonderful and safe journey! ((((hugs))))
P.S. But, I tell you what, if you want you could go to my blog and link to whidbey dreamer or life on whidbey (they are sisters who have lived there all their lives and are super nice), either one of them can give you all kinds of info.
I am no help to you. I have barely made it past the Blue Ridge Mountains! LOL.
But I hope you have fun no matter what you do!
Hugs.
Kim
What Sally said, Miz Mary lou and Phyllis can give you all sorts of pointers. Have fun!
You will LOVE it! We were there about 10 years ago when I had a business trip, and DH took vacation time to go with me. We took a small float plane trip from Seattle over to Victoria to see the Empress Hotel and Butchart Gardens. The gardens is one of the most incredible place we have ever seen!
http://www.butchartgardens.com
Awww! Haven't a Clue!! But I know you'll have a blast!hughugs
Post a Comment