Saturday, August 28, 2010

Butterflies at the Arboretum

Since this was my last free Saturday until mid December (well I think I have the Sat after Thanksgiving off); I decided to PLAY today!  Hubby and I went to one of my favorite places....the Dallas Arboretum!  We stayed a couple hours and it was hot and we figured we'd had enough!  My favorite part today was 3 butterflies that allowed me the privilege of photographing them.    
 

4 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I love butterflies. There are so many varieties and they are all so beautiful in their own way.
And I know that being hot can kind of ruin the fun. We haven't hardly done anything outside this summer!
Don't get to busy to stop by and say hi. Even if just on FB.
HUGS
Kim

Sandi McBride said...

Gorgeous! I love butterflies, too. My Monarchs are filling up on my garden necter preparing for the return trip home...the hummers are doing the same. So glad to be back after such a long trek thru my garden and the laying by of same!
hugs
Sandi

Donna said...

You got some great shots! You have to be really quick to frame up and take a picture of them!

Janice said...

Beautiful! I wish I was closer and could have gone with you yesterday.