Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wonderful 4th!!

We had a wonderful 4th of July celebration. I awoke early because I knew I had lots to do. First, I worked on the yard, getting it ready for fireworks by getting grass short and burning our pile of tree limbs from our spring tree trimming. It was very dry and I knew it could be a potential fire hazard with fireworks going off. We had been intending to get it burned for a while anyway and just never seemed to think about it when weather conditions were right. I opted for a controlled burn instead of taking a chance on an accidental burn with kids around.

Then I got started on some food preparation after a short time of studying.

Next came laundry and house cleaning, followed by ME cleaning. I was so dirty by the time I got the house and yard cleaned that I needed a good scrubbing.

Friends came to our house, some old and some new. There were enough kids to enjoy watching their excitement over the fireworks, but not so many that we were concerned for safety. One of the kids proclaimed last night the best July 4th she had ever had. I was grateful that my 22 year old son joined our group in time to set off a few nice fireworks and give the younger kids some help with their sparklers and Roman candles and fountains. He's such a good kid or well man I should say. I'm very proud of his giving and caring attitudes. He's responsible and reliable, too.

So today, I'm alternating between writing this wonderful paper and cleaning up the messes from the party.

Guess I better keep on trucking with my research paper.

Hope y'all had a happy holiday as well.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Geez Girl!! You worked Really hard!!! Good luck on writing that paper!!!hughugs

Brenda said...

Let the words flow and the paper will turn out fine. I'm glad you all had a great 4th. It's always fun when family and friends can share good times.

Sally said...

Glad you had a nice 4th especially after all the planning and work beforehand. Don't blame you a bit for the burn; if it ever stops raining here, that's a job we have to look forward to.

Good luck with your paper!! I know you'll do great!