And it was such a sweet occasion that I'm using the Brides' cake from the same event as my second photo. My co-worker made this beautiful cake. I made the flowers and the brides bouquet next to it. I really enjoyed being a part of this wonderful event for my son and his lovely wife.
My last picture takes a little different approach to the theme. My second son, Stephen, has a very special girlfriend. They've been dating for 4 or 5 years now and they celebrate their "dating anniversary" each Nov. For their 3rd anniversary, he made her a bank and took pictures of the project throughout the process. He spent hours making the bank and then put the pictures together as a Power Point with their "song" playing in the background. So my final entry for sweets is the finished labor of love. It thought this was a very "sweet" display of his love and devotion to her. They are not engaged yet, because they are waiting until they are both finished with college.
Now I'm off to the Women of Faith conference. So it will be later tonight before I can check everyone else's pictures of Sweets. Have fun!!
17 comments:
Oh, These are Indeed Sweet things!! Especially the box!! Well done Girl!! Happy weekend!hughugs
Those cakes are wonderful sweets and that box is the best sweet of all. Love your photos.
Love your photos! Delicious and sweet!
Love them Miz Karen! You did a great job!
My goodness, you are one talented young lady!! The cakes are beautiful, and I see your son is talented also. GREAT pictures. Enjoy your weekend!! (HUGS)
beautiful cakes..love the colors of the larger one. And the tribute for your son and his love is just beautiful.
I love them, and what a beautiful bank your son made! All your photos we deliciously SWEET!
Beautiful cakes! How incredible! Love the sweet story of the music box too!
What great cakes! What wonderful pictures!
I am still impressed that you made that beautiful cake. Great job! It's a very SWEET thing you did, making it for your son's wedding, too. Also, what a sweet keepsake Stephen made for their future together.
wow...love those cakes...! very clever!
I was in a pickle this morning when I realised it was the challenge...and then later found myself in this delectable sweets shop downtown NY...my daughter was buying a cake for after church and the baby's baptism tomorrow...
ymmm...they were gorgeous..unfortunately I can't eat any, becos when I do I get a migraine!
Annie
those cakes are beautiful...you are an accountant and a cake maker, how did you receive so much talent? I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class but haven't gotten around to it yet...maybe someday. Love the bank and its meaning too...very sweet indeed.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Your photo challenge was much thought out.
P.s I soo love the name and meaning behind your blog!
They are very special and sweet things indeed.
Sharon
Gorgeous cakes!!
thanks for playing!!
Those cakes looks awesome and that gift your son gave his girlfriend is so very sweet!!
Great photos. The cakes are beautiful. My favorite is that "sweet" box. What a lovely gift!
Nita Jo
Post a Comment