Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year and Donna's give-away

I'm so happy to have all my Christmas decorations put away. Our visit with family was wonderful and we are happy that life is returning to normal. I hope to work a full week at work this week for the first time in a very long time.

I almost went to work today, but decided to relish the quiet day at home with only hubby and the pets here. I am working on laundry and a few special projects I wanted to get done before digging into tax season. I even took a short nap!!

I hope to get back to some regular blog reading and posting as well.

Now one very important item of FUN--my good friend Donna from Cottage Days and Journeys is celebrating her 1 year blogging anniversary with a Give-Away. She is such a creative, talented person everyone should visit her blog and enter her contest. She has two prizes to choose from. Check out her post about the anniversary give-away. I won a wonderful Christmas ornament in her last give-away.

10 comments:

Sally said...

I'm glad you decided to stay home today, and got in a nap as well. Tomorrow is soon enough! :)

Donna said...

I'm so glad that you are getting caught up with the household stuff and NAPPING! LOL. You got your priorities right! That frantic part of the year is almost here for all accountants!

Thank you for the wonderful plug about my bloggy giveaway. I am so glad that we connected this past year and gotten to be good friends. You're entered twice on this contest, so you got a great chance!

Big Sunday hugs coming your way...

Jeanne said...

Isn't a quiet Sunday home the bestest. Love your header!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Anap? sounds wonderful,And if you can why not.
Real life will begin again all too soon.
Enjoy it whilst you can

Janice said...

I'm ready to get back on a normal schedule again and back in the routine of things as well. Hope everything else is going good for ya'll.

The Hallman Tribe said...

i always enjoy the holidays, but once they are over it is a relief sometimes to get back to the "norm". i put away my decorations as well, and it too felt nice to get back to blogging.

glad you got to enjoy a peacful day with your hubby and pets. have a wonderful week!!!!!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

You took a nap? That is so not fair! LOL. I'm glad life is getting a bit back to normal. It feels good doesn't it?
Hugs.
Kim

Brenda said...

Naps are the best! Tax season will wait!

Sandi McBride said...

It's getting OVER Christmas that is the most work and I'm glad that you've got most of the work behind you and that 2009 is going to be a wonderful year for you!
hugs
Sandi

Donna said...

So happy life is getting back to normal for ya'll sweetie! I also finally put away everything Christmas Saturday morning...wow...that's work!lolol
Hughugs