4 days ago
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Only in Texas
Saturday the temperature got to 84 degrees Farenheit! That's hot for a day in January! I used the car AC and then went home and turned on the house AC for a little while. Then Sunday morning a cold front comes through and we're back to heavy coats. There's ice to melt from my car before going to work by Monday morning. All day on Monday it just sort of sprinkled freezing rain. Temperature hovered near the freezing point, so trees and bushes got frozen but roads stayed okay. Today's supposed to be back near 60 I think. Only in Texas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh how I miss my state!
I remember growing up with ice storms. everyone else seem to get snow, but texas ALWAYS ICE!
I was born and raised in the DFW area, and my Mom still lives in that area. I always love going home for visits. My dear hubby was born and raised in East Texas. I LOVE East Texas, and hopefully we can retire there in, oh about, 10 years....hehehhe.
Enjoy that TEXAS weather. If you don't like what it is at the moment, just wait cuz it will change. lol
Sounds like some of the weather we get here in Arkansas, only it's not going to get up to 60 here today. Dadgummit. :-)
This is Some kinda weather isn't it...it was the same here...Happy night girl!hughugs
Found you through Joan's Journeys...and just had to comment on a fellow Texans site.
Yes, only in Texas can the temperature be below freezing one night...only to double that temperature the next day. I hear it's suppose to be in the 70's by the end of the week...only to be followed by another cold front....YIPPEEE...glad I own stock in NyQuil!! LOL
Blessings...
Teresa
Post a Comment