Saturday, October 17, 2009

Photo Challenge--Highways & Byways

Today's challenge was an easy one for me, because I love taking pictures of little trails. But then I has so many pictures to choose from, it was difficult to decide on just a few. Anyway it was fun!!

This last August when I finished up my summer classes, I needed some of God's nature for some restoration. I found this little trail in a nearby town. It was hot, but provided me with some good time alone with God. Just what I needed at the time.
And here's the beginning of the trail. Don't you just love those crepe myrtles?
Here is a trail at Magazine State Park in Arkansas. It was a trail at a scenic overlook. I liked the little fence.
And this last one was taken in Arkansas last fall. I love the yellows and the shadows.

Now be sure to click on the Brenda's photo challenge on my sidebar and check out all the other participants pictures. I can't wait to see everyone's pics of highways and byways.

18 comments:

Sally said...

Wonderful, beautiful!! I love the trails, and the crepe myrtle is one of my favorites.

I have you have a great weekend~((hugs))

Donna said...

Oh Karen! What a neat place to visit! I love crepe myrtles!!
Well done!! Happy weekend to you!hughugs

Al said...

Oh so cool! I love the last photo, the colors are very attractive. Fantastic view!

Janice said...

I love that fence and the fall colors along the road are beautiful!

Sandi McBride said...

These are such soothing photos that I could spend all morning here just looking...well done!
Sandi

Donna said...

All of those are just lovely! Crepe mytles are among my favorites, and I adore that fence too. I want to go on a walk with you!

Brenda said...

Those are some awesome trails! Isn't it fun to see where little trails and paths lead? Super shots!

Kathy C. said...

I love the photos...the trail in the 2nd photo seems to be calling my name...I want to follow it just to see where it leads...and WHO wouldn't want to drive right into that last photo? I can almost feel the crisp air! :)

Lynn said...

Something about the outside really does draw you to God - the beauty of His creation. The fence is cool.

Jeanette said...

Great pictures. I love the "entrance" to the nature trail!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on a hike/walk being just the thing. Beautiful spots Karen! Have a great weekend. ~ Jeanne

Pat said...

All of your photos looked mighty inviting! And I haven't been to any of them. We travel full time in our RV, so chances are likely that I've been to places that people mention (if they're in the States.) Love the fall photo, and lamp posts, AND the fence!

Splendid Little Stars said...

beautiful fall colors! The fence IS very cool!

wenn said...

nice pictures..hv a nice weekend..

SquirrelQueen said...

The crepe myrtles lining the walkway are beautiful. I love your trails, they make me want to explore.

Salitype said...

lovely photos, i like the picture of the road with a display of autumn colors along the sides, wonderful!

eng

Tes said...

Three different photos -all telling a story! The first one is so refreshing with the flowers lining up! The last two spells autumn in many ways -nice capture, Karen!

My name is Riet said...

Such beautiful pictures from different wonderful places. Thank you for visiting